Labvoedingen / PSU / Benchpower supply / Voeding
The top shelf of the right hand workbench of the Electrobench has two precision power supplies. They are wired to two consoles on the desk itself. We also have several other supplies -- but these are not yet documented.
The left hand unit (HP6621A) has 2 output; the right hand unit has 4.
- Ensure that nothing is plugged into the console.
- Power on the unit with the white switch (bottom left)
- Use the 'OUTPUT' button to switch between outputs; the little arrow, bottom left, of the display shows which output you are working on.
In above image - output '1' is selected; and it currently provides 5 Volt; and there is no current running.
- The press the button 'Vset'
- And enter a voltage on the keypad.
- Press enter.
- Use the output disable/enable button to switch the output on.
You can use 'ISET' and over-current-protection 'OCP' to set a maximum current 'fuse'. OC-RST will reset that fuse. If you do not switch on 'OCP'; then the unit will switch from 'voltage mode' into 'continuous current mode' - and keep delivering the number of A you have set with ISET: and lower the voltage accordingly.
- Left HP6221A
- output 1, 0-7 volt, 0-10 Ampere, 0-20 volt, 0-4 Ampere
- output 2, 0-7 volt, 0-10 Ampere, 0-20 volt, 0-4 Ampere
- Right HP6624A
- output 1, 0-7 volt, 0-5 Ampere, 0-20 volt, 0-2 Ampere
- output 2, 0-7 volt, 0-5 Ampere, 0-20 volt, 0-2 Ampere
- output 3, 0-720volt, 0-2 Ampere, 0-50 volt, 0-0.8 Ampere
- output 4 0-720volt, 0-2 Ampere, 0-50 volt, 0-0.8 Ampere
For both types: https://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/5957-6377.pdf (or directly from our wiki: Bestand:5957-6377_Handleiding_HP_voedingen.pdf)
These devices are not classed as dangerous devices. But do note that they can provide up to 50volt per channel; or 10amp per channel. So it is perfectly possible, by putting them in series or parallel, to zap yourself or burn the house down. So don't.