Verantwoordelijkheid / responsibility
The ultimate responsibility for a safe working environment and behavior lies with the board of the MakerSpace Leiden. This makes the situation different compared to working at home. You need to be aware of the safety of other people as well, not just yourself.
Participants should behave safely and report unsafe behaviors and situations to the board.
With a number of machines, it is mandatory to report certain faults or problems. This should be done as soon as possible; but at the latest within 24 hours. This is in the machine description.
Index risico gereedschap
- Highest' risk: mandatory instructions, [liability waiver] on file, approval from the trustees, two people present at all times - and can only be used between 07:00 and 19:00.
- High risk: Mandatory instructions, [liability waiver] on file, approval from the trustees, but Ok to operate alone.
- Mandatory instructions prior to use.
- Equipment that is dangerous - instructions strongly advised but not mandatory
- Equipment that is relatively fragile or expensive - so instructions strongly advised if you have not used them before - but not mandatory
- Other equipment with no limits - not considered overly dangerous.
- Can only be used between 07:00 and 19:00
- Can be used outside those hours in moderation. But try to be considerate. And if you feel a need to wear ear protection - you are probably too noisy!
- No limits.