Verantwoordelijkheid / responsibility
The ultimate responsibility for a safe working environment and behavior lies with the board of the MakerSpace Leiden. This makes the situation different compared to working at home. You need to be aware of the safety of other people as well, not just yourself.
Participants should behave safely and report unsafe behaviors and situations to the board.
With a number of machines, it is mandatory to report certain faults or problems. This should be done as soon as possible; but at the latest within 24 hours. This is in the machine description.
Index risico gereedschap
- Highest' risk: mandatory instructions, [liability waiver] on file, approval from the trustees, two people present at all times - and can only be used between 07:00 and 19:00.
- High risk: Mandatory instructions, [liability waiver] on file, approval from the trustees, but Ok to operate alone.
- Mandatory instructions prior to use.
- Equipment that is dangerous - instructions strongly advised but not mandatory
- Equipment that is relatively fragile or expensive - so instructions strongly advised if you have not used them before - but not mandatory
- Other equipment with no limits - not considered overly dangerous.
- Can only be used between 07:00 and 19:00
- Can be used outside those hours in moderation. But try to be considerate. And if you feel a need to wear ear protection - you are probably too noisy!
- No limits.
- Wood bandsaw - lintzaag
- Wood lathe - houtdraaibank
- Metal lathe/draaibank
- Abene Mill - metaalfrees
- Large Grinder / Grote Slijpert
- Large CNC cutter -- noise restructions: 07:00-19:00 only.
- Large Laser cutter (zie ook verplichte rapportage/kosten)
- Small Laser cutter (zie ook verplichte rapportage/kosten)
- Wood Mitre saw of Afkortzaag -- be considerate to our neighbours after 19:00.
- Welding_equipment (zie ook verplichte rapportage/kosten)
- 12 Ton Hydraulische Press
- PCB Reflow Oven
- Ultimaker 3D Printer
- Wood drill press / boorkolom
- Metal drill press / boorkolom
- High speed Metal drill press / boorkolom
- Electric and battery powered tools (Drill, sander, orbital grinders, mill)
- Pneumatic tools (Nibbler, Sander, Grinder, Staple gun) -- be considerate to our neighbours after 19:00.
- Electric standing jigsaw for wood
- Electric band/disk grinder for wood
- Kleine slijpsteen
- Soldering equipment (air, tipped)
- De-soldeerbout - lucht
- Veneer calipers
- Various cutters for the Abene mill.
- Ritser - diamandpunt voor onderhoud slijpstenen.
- Labvoedingen - power supplies on the workbench (they go up to about 100 volt & 10 amps).
- 3 Ton hand pers/press
- Hand tools
- Measuring tools